Business Administration (MSc)
The MSc in Business Administration aims to be the gateway for ambitious students with an entrepreneurial, global mind-set to an international career in business. You will gain a deep understanding of management in one of the seven specialisations you can choose from. You will be challenged to solve real-life cases presented by our corporate partners.
Request the brochure
Get a clear overview of the programme in our 4 page brochure. Receive the brochure now (more than 290 downloaded per month).
How should business react to recession, globalisation or the opportunities of new technology? Why are some companies successful with ‘green’ products while others are not? Which business model will be successful in the gaming industry?
To understand the challenges that business organisations are facing today, insights from many different disciplines are needed. That is why the Master's in Business Administration is offering a wide range of courses in Marketing, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Management and Human Resources Management that are typical for a Master's in Business Administration.
- Customise the programme by choosing from a selection of more than 20 elective courses;
- prepare for your career with real-world case studies and top-level guest lectures;
- benefit from a strong research focus, qualified, international staff and fellow students from all over the world.
One Master's programme, seven tracks
The Master's in Business Administration allows you to choose a top-level academic specialisation track in one of the following disciplines. For more information about the specialisation tracks see the separate track programmes:
- Leadership and Management
- International Management
- Entrepreneurship and Management in the Creative Industries
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Digital Business
In addition to a preferred specialisation, you may choose from a wide range of elective courses, like Branding, Leadership, Management Consulting or Sustainability. This gives you the opportunity to tailor the programme precisely to your own personal preferences and skills.
As of 1 September 2015, students who have completed the curriculum of the MSc Business Administration will have the possibility of doing an internship. This especially gives international students a unique opportunity to experience the Dutch labour market. Dutch students can also participate in an exchange semester facilitated by the university under the same terms.
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Business Administration and the title Master of Science (MSc).
The Amsterdam Business School
The Amsterdam Business School at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and teachers. The UvA, placed 57th in the QS World University Rankings 2016-17, is a challenging environment where critical thinking and an independent and inquisitive mind can roam free. Thanks to a diverse influx of students and an active network of international alumni, you’ll be able to share memories with other ABS graduates for years to come.
Rankings and reputation
- 57th in world and 1 st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2016-2017);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 63th and 2nd in the Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2016-2017);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries;
- the Amsterdam Business School holds the prestigious EQUIS accreditation (European Foundation for Management Development);
- the Amsterdam Business School is granted Cedeo certification for 2014-2017;
- the Amsterdam Business School holds the prestigious Triple Crown status (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited).
- MSc Business Administration
- Regulier onderwijs
- 60 EC, 12 maanden
- Februari, september